Whether I deserve it or not, this amazing lady called Debbie, from It's All About Purple surprised me with an award!
Here it is:
And I am so very happy! Thank you so much, Debbie!!
I do find it a gesture of extreme gentleness, for I do not consider myself - or for that matter, my blog - that versatile. I have so many limitations that versatility can only be one of my aspirations. But, again, I am happy and humbled by her present!
I am supposed to tell you seven more things about myself. Things that you don't know yet. Right?
This is getting kind of difficult, because I am (as my grandmother used to say) a big mouth. I talk too much, and don't make secrets about myself (or my feelings).
But I will try.
Let's see:
1. I have a short butt, more or less like a boy's. A boy with a short butt, of course. The best jeans I have are for boys, meaning relatively low cut and straight. I always had the impression that American ladies had high waists, or long butts. A normal waisted jeans for ladies in this country for me, will reach my armpits. Or close.
2. I never had children, and, for some reason, when I was sixteen, I knew I would never have them. And today I do not regret my choice. I feel funny around small children, and do not know how to deal with them very well.
3. I have a good ear for music, and when I am happy, I whistle.
4. I can massage your back, and make you feel so relaxed, you will fall asleep. It just never worked with Gordon...
5. I used to play tennis, back in the country.
6. I am a good swimmer.
7. I am afraid of heights and nothing will change that!! There will never be a balloon trip for me!!!!
Now that you all know almost everything about this big mouth woman, I am supposed to pass the award on to four other bloggers.
And I will pick the following:
Leontien from Four Leaf Clover Tales.
Cathy from Cathy at Home
The sweet lady from Bees, Birds, Berries and Blooms
Linda from Nothing But Country Living
You all know this is a delicate matter, don't you? Some people do not enjoy talking about themselves, or do not want to deviate from their styles of posting, in order to post the seven required things.
I know one little lady - whom I adore - that fits what I just said. She does not feel good talking about herself.
But I adore her!
But I am NOT going to choose her.
Because I adore her.
She knows who she is.
I cannot tell you, though. LOL...
Finally, I want to thank Debbie again for the present.
8 comments:
i'm so far behind on everyone's posts! i feel a little better for getting seven updates all at once! ha!
sure wish i knew someone who could give me a massage...
(oh, bon bon, i think we need to book you a spa weekend!!!)
dear, sweet, adorable miriam. you are not a big mouth! now, for the short, flat butt, maybe so... ha!!! a waist under your armpits! too funny!!!
i do not regret choosing #2 as well. when i was graduating high school, i thought i'd do the normal "get married, raise kids, stay in my hometown area". besides the get married part, the rest all turned out differently and i can't say it was bad at all.
i whistle when i'm happy too!!! sometimes annoyingly so!!! and if i'm in a public place, i tend to hum (like at the grocery store) and i get surprised when someone says "well, you're sure happy today!" because i don't even realize i'm doing it. :)
and i still want to smack your grandmother...
congrats to you my friend!!!
I usually don't do the award thing because I don't like the passing on part -- I always feel like I'm hurting someone's feelings if I can't give it everyone. Dumb, right?
Like learning new things about you, though, Miriam. That part is fun. :)
hahaha ok, soo i am still trying to figure out what a short butt looks like! in my imagination it comes out kinda wrong! hahaha
And THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
feel very honnored and very happy you like my blog, but i'm not sure what i'm gonna do or how to interped it in my blog.... I let you know when i figure it out....
Big hugs and kisses
Leontien
That's sweet. You have a nice way of saying things x
I think you were a perfect person to get the award. I never know what you are going to post and always look forward to see what you have to say. Thank you for the kind words and the award. You are right it is hard to come up with 7 things. It made me think. Thanks again and your blog has been a wonderful addition to my life.
so sweet to see and read this!!!
i really love your blog and enjoy your "versatility"!!!
fyi...motherhood is a tad overrated and you should reconsider #7!!
thanks so much for the kind words!! so glad i picked you!!!
Hi Mirriam, thank you for the Award I will try and live up to it ;) now I have to think up 7 things about me.Just came in house after eating all the cherry tomatoes I cant keep a secet either.
Post a Comment