Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm busy!

I am. Busy. Really.

And it is all YOUR fault!! You know who you are, and I am not going to name names. LOL!

You see, you keep posting lovely pictures of your surroundings, of flowers and critters, and that made me wish I could have better pictures of things from around here, instead of the usual crappy ones that I post.

Now, I am in deep poo-poo. And have to study! And I am old. Things do not stick to my brain as easily as they used to.

If I don't show up for the next six months, it  is because I am still studying, trying to learn how to use my new ...



Ta - Daa!!

Nikon Coolpix P500 !

We went out yesterday and Gordon, my sweet amazing husband, bought it as a present for me. I am soo happy, although I got a little concerned and felt somewhat guilty because of the price he paid for it.

Then, he started to tease me.

He said I had to learn how to do lovely pictures as the ones I sigh and "Ooohh", "Wow", and "Oh my dying butt, this is gorgeous!"  over, at my blogger friends' places. He said that. Believe me.

See what I mean, when I say I am in deep poo-poo?

The camera is neat. Full of the gizmos and gadgets. And I have to learn how to use it. Oh, boy!...



I went outside yesterday and took this picture, using the zoom. These little butterflies have a wing span of only one inch. Believe, it?

I tried to get one with the wings open, because they were the sweetest blue I've ever seen. No deal. They were too busy enjoying whatever it was, on the mossy rocks, at our little creek.

At first, when I zoomed all the way to see them, I was shaking like a drunk old broad that suffers from Parkinson's - and I do not drink, mind you. Then, when I started pressing the button to take the picture, the camera made quite a few funny noises, and for a few seconds, it was as firm as I could ever want. How about that?

Then, I had an encounter with a Robin. He was sitting on the mulberry tree and I was sitting on the floor of our private deck, out of our bedroom. Here it goes - by the way, you are allowed to laugh your sweet butts off !

Hi, there, lady. What's up?

Oh, you are learning to use this thing, right?

Are you sure you can do it?

Have you taken that picture yet? My smile is begining to hurt...

Lady! Get it done already!

OK. I'm out of here. Bye!!!

I have no false ideas that one day I will be able to do what you ladies do, believe me. But, it is very interesting to try, and it will make my brains work a little.

So, off I go - read some more and try some more. One day I will be back.

By the way, tomorrow I work. But, when I come home, I will visit with all of you.

Love ya'll.


10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Oh I am SO cracking up!!! The disease is spreading!!!! Nikon fever...

and yes, i detest reading manuals.

i noticed you re-designed your blog for us too! yipee!!! show off those photos! woo hoo!!!

Sharon said...

Well, Dear Miriam..... I believe you have it licked already! Great pictures, how the dickens did you get that robin to pose for you? Obviously, you don't shake nearly as bad as I do!

I am on dial-up right now, so the pic of the camera didn't come in, but all the others did. You are going to be a photographer extraordinaire!

Great Job
Great Job
Great Job!!!!!!!

Bonnie K said...

If it is any consolation I take 30 photos and then end up deleting all but about 5 or 6. I LOVE the butterfly photo.

Debbie said...

my nikon is fairly new also, i love it.

i was nervous, nervous, nervous, but learned most of it without the help of the manual. i did read the manual but seemed to learn more holding it my hands.

just relax and have fun, the rest comes naturally.

awesome hubby you have there, a lot like mine!!!!

Debbie said...

i forgot to say i enjoyed your photo's!!!!!

Joanna said...

Sweet Gordon for buying you this wonderful present, and look at the photos you've produced already, WOW!

Love those butterflies, love that robin.

I've got to learn how to use a new camera too (not as gorgeous as yours, just a weeny bit better than my last one) - I'm rubbish with instruction books so I've given it to my daughter to learn and she's going to teach me over the weekend, sorted!

Looking forward to seeing how your skills 'develop' (photography joke!).

xxx

bon bon said...

hahaha! well, you're off to a great start!! just keep it on P for now with the focus on Auto, and let yourself learn as you go!

Miriam said...

Those are great photos! You're going to have a lot of fun, and when you've figured it out you'll have to come over here and teach me. I've just been using a point and shoot digital camera without any bells and whistles, and I'm in awe of anyone who knows about apertures and exposures and f stops! I just don't have the patience. I bought photoshop, thinking if I refused to learn how to use a better camera, the least I could do was learn how to doctor my photos, but I don't seem to have the patience to learn that, either!

BadPenny said...

Hell girl...those are great !!! Wish we culd get together & play with our toys ( cameras ) How thoughtful of your lovely hubby x

Anonymous said...

Your hubby bought you the Nikon 36x zoom??? Oh you lucky lucky girl ~ how fun!! Your butterflies are so pretty ~ seems like you are getting the hang of your new camera very quickly.

Nothing like a new camera to get those creative juices flowing! I look forward to all your photos.

Have fun!
xo Catherine