Monday, January 24, 2011

Little bits of this and that


My Compost Keeper "thingy" arrived! And I am loving it. It looks kind of sweet on the counter. I think. And it is of a good size.


It looks OK, doesn't it? I think so.

Hubby's ship is taking shape. He has been working hard on it and I think he is doing a great job.


***

Dang!! Winter is the piss!! The day is gray, wet, cold, nasty and ugly like hunger! We can't find anything interesting to do, the sun did not show its face yet (it's past ten in the morning) and the dogs are driving me crazy.

We nicknamed our two dogs "the sex dogs", because they spend the day wanting to go out. Five minutes later, they want in. Five minutes later, they want out.  "In-out, in-out, in-out, in-out..." just like sex.

***

Last night we watched "Nature" on PBS channel. It was about the Birds of Paradise in New Guinea.
Oh!
My!
Lord!!!
How beautiful it was!!

It is almost hard to believe the beauty of the birds in that God forsaken piece of earth. Oops, sorry... I did not mean to offend anyone from New Guinea. But one has to agree that the place seems a little... oh, forget it! I will not get myself in more trouble.

What made me mad was the fact that the lovely people from that land kill the birds to make feather ornaments for their lovely heads and lovely bodies. See what I mean? Dang it!

Anyway, the birds are very fairly called Birds of Paradise. I guess, if there is a Paradise, those WOULD be the birds to be seen there.





***

We just arrived from a 10 miles trip to the Wally World, where I used to work. Hubby needed vitamins and some other medication and I needed to get out of the house.

Do you know what? I don't take any medication, on a regular basis. It may be stupid but I prefer it this way. I've always been like this. So much so that, when I need a prescription - like when I needed Antibiotic for a tooth infection - the doctor had to prescribe it twice. The first one that he prescribed left me drowsy, and sick like a drunk roach! We phoned him and he changed it to something "lighter".

Big deal, right?

I'm out of subjects to post today.

Oh, wait... the "sex dogs" want in.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

You are a wild one! For sure!

Those birds are lovely - sad they're used for adornment and not left "on the fly".

Tracey said...

Love the thingy! I love anything thats red. Beautiful birdies too. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bobbie said...

LOL > Cute post!

I'm with you on the medication thing. I take one multi-vitamin every morning and approximately 2 tylenol per year> and they make me sleepy.

Sharon said...

Love your kitchen compost thingy!

Oh, what beautiful birds! We were watching some reruns of California Gold, I never so so many dufusses, spend so much money on a dream!

My dogs play that same stupid game, even in the summer, when it isn't freezing outside.

I take a boatload of pills, just to keep everything running. Sick of it!

Linda said...

I love the compost thingy......I want one! I keep mine in a plastic coffee container under the sink. Its blue....I could paint it red, on second thought, Nah...I want one like yours....where did you find it....if you don't mind telling.

Joanna said...

Cool compost thingy - looks just great on your counter top. Those birds are so beautiful - such a shame they are hunted for that beauty.

I just take a multi vitamin/fish oil everyday - which, along with frequent and thorough washing of my hands, seems to keep most bugs and germs at bay, and I work in a school which is a hotbed of horrible germs.

Hope the weather cheers up for you and the dogs give you a break!

Miriam said...

Garrison Keillor has a very funny song about a cat that wants in...then out...then in...then out. You can hear it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpSJWzGVv78 along with a pretty lame video. Just shut your eyes and listen to the song!

I so enjoy your cheeky, irreverent approach to life - it's a nice antidote to how seriously I'm taking things these days!

sandy said...

hahahaha, a drunk roach..that is hilarious..

anyway, love the colors in your kitchen and I never knew there was such a thing as a compost thing for the kitchen..