Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lazy ass... lazy lazy lazyyy... nani nani bu bu...


While I write my posts, my husband is sitting here in front of me, either messing with his laptop, or building his ship. Anyway, when I am finished writing, I usually read my new post to him.

Yesterday, after I told you about my job and all that stuff, Hubby made a comment that got me thinking. He said:

- I hope your friends don't think I am a freaking lazy ass that does nothing, while you go out to work.

And here I am. Are you thinking he is a lazy ass that does nothing?

While I go out and work my poor, little, shrivelled ass off?

Are you?

Let's all do that for a while, shall we? LOL... Lazy ass... Lazy ass...

But I have to tell you he is NOT.

And more yet, I will tell you why I work. I only work because I need to complete my time in the "salt mines", in order to get my Social Security cheque, and Medicare whatever crap, when I am 149 years old... right? 

Hubby is retired. The sweet son of a gun retired when he was 44 years old!

FORTY-FOUR, did you hear? I hate him. (Not, but don't tell him.)

He is also college graduated and worked for this telephone company, from which he retired.

AT FORTY FOUR YEARS OLD!! ... @#!!%& !...

His pension is enough for the two of us. Plus plus the two dogs. And the three cats - when we are not remodeling the house.

All clear now?

***

Now I want to share with you something that is very precious to me. It is a picture that I scanned in order to post here. That's my mom, when she was three years old. I have it in a frame, on top of the dresser in the bedroom, where I can see her everyday.



I find it adorable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful for your hubby to be able to retire at 44 years old! And the photo of your mother really is adorable. Nothing can beat the old black and white photos that's for sure.

Happy Sunday!
xo Catherine

Sharon said...

My DH would like to retire at 52, but it isn't going to happen! I never gave it a thought that your husband was lazy, I actually thought he had put a lot of time in at "busy"-look at your house!

Your Mom was an adorable child!

Anonymous said...

I never figured your husband as lazy. Good for him that he is able to enjoy a long retirement. That's truly awesome!

And the pic of your mom is precious. Look at those curls! :)

Joanna said...

Your mom is so cute in that picture! What a sweet little face and beautiful hair! And the dress, darling little dress.

Thank you for visiting my blog and helping me out of my 69 rut - hooray! You've got a lovely blog - I love the pictures of your cats. Does Candy Sue always look so grumpy?!

xx

Linda said...

Love this photo....I do love old photos....they bring back so many memories. Thank you for visiting my blogs and for all the wonderful comments. I have added you to my list of followers, I will be back soon.