Monday, July 4, 2011

White Sparklers





 
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.
                                                                                   ("Auguries of Innocence" by William Blake)





13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, those are absolutely beautiful. and i like how you showed them 'opening' like fireworks. :)

Sharon said...

They do look like fireworks! Nice shots! Really nice quote!

bon bon said...

what a fun comparison! i don't think i'll ever look at queen anne's lace the same way again. :oD

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love this verse, and your pictures are perfect!!

I hope you're having an enjoyable 4th!!!

Arkansas Patti said...

Love the progression shots. They really decorate our ditches beautifully.
Have a great 4th.

Leontien said...

Love the white sparklers!

I have been meaning to ask you... What does your name/header/blogname mean or what does it stand for....

I have been wondering for a while now....

Happy fourth of July!
Leontien

Anonymous said...

Well now ~ who needs to go watch fireworks when we can watch this pretty plant ~ beautiful photos!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

Cool idea Miriam and great sharp snaps! I always think of Queen Anne's as snowflakes in summer, but from now on I will be thinking of them as beautiful sparklers!

Irish3 said...

Beautiful, I like the way your brain works to see sweet lacy firework flowers in the Queen Anne's lace.

Miriam said...

Very nice! Beautiful photos, meaningful poem. You're really finding your niche as a photographer!

Janice Grinyer said...

Queen annes lace - and I love the poem!

BadPenny said...

Beautiful xx

Debbie said...

pretty queen annes lace, it really does look like a sparkler...

what a great idea to capture the progression. crisp & clear, really beautiful!!!