Oh, I know what you mean! All around the area, the forests are being cut down and it looks like a bomb went off. The neighborhood is starting to grow (as in shrink - because of building).
Beautiful photos, I'm loving all those trees. It drives me mad when areas of beauty like this are torn down for 'redevelopment'. Wanton destruction. Us humans have a lot to answer for when it comes to the destruction of this beautiful planet. And then we wonder why we are getting such extremes of weather.....?! It's all about balance, and we've blown it BIG TIME.
Rant and rave over, for now. I might be back later with more! Or will I sound like a nutter?!
Beautiful pictures! I love the tunnel effect. I agree with you. I often wish I had lots of money so I could save certain areas of land. Oh well. Love your blog!
14 comments:
Oh, I know what you mean! All around the area, the forests are being cut down and it looks like a bomb went off. The neighborhood is starting to grow (as in shrink - because of building).
Cool Header Miriam!
I am with you. I love our trees and I would love to see not one more tree pushed over in the name of progress.
oh, isn't that the truth!
I totally agree !
That sad part is, Miriam, most of the time they could keep the trees even when developing, but they tear them down anyway. Makes me so angry.
I absolutely agree. Clear cut by lumber companies also bothers me.
I'm with you on that and would do the same thing for our surrounding property!! The only kind of house I'd let be put up is a bird house!!
Beautiful.
What an inviting road - your pictures make me want to wander down through the trees to see where it goes!
Beautiful photos, I'm loving all those trees. It drives me mad when areas of beauty like this are torn down for 'redevelopment'. Wanton destruction. Us humans have a lot to answer for when it comes to the destruction of this beautiful planet. And then we wonder why we are getting such extremes of weather.....?! It's all about balance, and we've blown it BIG TIME.
Rant and rave over, for now. I might be back later with more! Or will I sound like a nutter?!
xx
i love roads like this. here in wisconsin, we have an official rustic roads program. by the looks of this stretch, it would be a fitting contender...
ain't that a shame!!!
what a beautiful road....i love when the trees "touch" overhead and form a tunnel!!!!
Beautiful pictures! I love the tunnel effect. I agree with you. I often wish I had lots of money so I could save certain areas of land. Oh well. Love your blog!
Susan
Amen sister~! and I work in forestry!
Post a Comment