Monday, April 25, 2011

Are we wet!


Our overflowing little creek, by the blackberry patch.

So far, we've had over six inches of rain, starting last Friday until now. And there is more to come.

Moist is in the air, you think? We are beginning to mold, Hubby and I.

Mushrooms will soon begin to grow under the couches.

Dang!

And all this rain came, is still coming, and will come together with the threat of tornadoes. So far, we have been spared.

Thank you Great Pumpkin! Thank you so very much! I mean it. And, if I play, it is not without respect. I only think that You have sense of humour and, as a father, You smile at my orneriness.



And we have a waterfall that normally just sounds pretty. Right now, it sounds loud!

Sometimes, I wish we would move away from here. Serious. I would like to move to some place where Summers were  not so humid, where there are no tornadoes (or, at least, less of them), no volcanoes, no earthquakes, and for sure no freaking hurricanes!



And we have a little bridge that leads to the pasture up there, beyond that fence.



And there is our little pond, where Aflac, our beautiful white duck used to swim.

See the pasture back there? That's the one that almost killed my boobs the other day. Remember?



Finally, there is dinner in the smoker.

Looking at all of this, I don't think we should move anymore.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Well, Miriam, I would be in New Mexico........ but there are also... no jobs. :(

Nice pictures! Maybe need to get another duck? You have a pretty place there.

Dinner looks good!

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha! i thought of you yesterday while i was riding the mower, braless of course. :)

i'm not sure there's anywhere that has a temperate climate without the threat of some form of serious weather - at least none that we could afford. probably some private island somewhere owned by a shiek or whatever...

good luck with the mold and mushrooms! we could use a bit more rain. we finally got sprinkles and a tiny bit of real rain this morning, but there's more storms coming this way so i'm only "whispering" my wish in case it brings severe weather this way...

Anonymous said...

When you find that place with no humidity, no earthquakes, no tornados, no floods, no blizzards, no wildfires... let me know will ya? I'll join you! :)

bon bon said...

if nothing else, all that water makes for some lovely views around your property! hope you manage to stay mold-free.