Some things in life really suck canal water. Or am I wrong? Nah... I know I am not. Some things do suck!
They even invented the suckometer machine above, have you seen it? It measures the "sucking" stages of the struggle to quit smoking.
I just borrowed it for a while today, because I would like to talk about some matters that SUCK! Well, at least, they do to me.
You see, Hubby loves to watch certain channels on TV. One of them is the History Channel - which I do not hate or anything like that. But some of the programs I do! They inspired me to write this post.
I cannot stand hearing, watching or even thinking about Dinosaurs anymore! Who the fuck cares about those horrible, ugly, nasty, mean, disgusting monsters that croaked 75 million (?) years ago? Who cares? Who?
But they insist on creating those computerised movies with the "Pooposaur" tearing apart the poor "Dumbosaur", crunching its head and splattering its blood all over the place.
There is the "Shitosaur" running after the "Craposaur" who, in turn, just ate the "Bugletsaur's" babies.
The gentle "Stupidsaur" is eating daisies and, all of a sudden, it gets caught by the "Motherfucsaur".
All of this drama is described by someone with a voice that sounds like he is inside the Catacombs, talking about his sweet grandmother's funeral - somber and extremely dramatic.
And they spend tons of money creating that imaginary - oh, yes, some dumb ass had to spend hours imagining all of that - scene, as if we did not have enough violence in the world. Oh, no. Let's import the violence from the yuk ages back, imagine how it happened and put it in a movie.
So, at this subject, my borrowed "Suckometer" goes... BING!!!
Top notch sucking matter!!
At the same channel, there is another series of programs that Hubby likes to watch. These I should confess I also like. It is related to UFOs, and such. I enjoy that. You know what I am talking about. The Erick Von Daniken kind of subject. Everything goes fine. It is all very interesting.
The problem is when this guy shows his face:
Although the man is brilliant, how can one look at his hairdo and not think of old aunt Esmeralda, back in 1963? How can a studious man like him wear a hairdo like this??
Don't you feel like taking him behind the calf shed and beating the shit out of him? Click on the picture and look closely, if you need.
He is always this way! I bet he uses a whole can of hairspray to keep this crap up, like an old matron ready to go shopping.
... and the "Suckometer" goes... BING - BING - BING!!!
Canal Water Sucking Matter!
Now, lets go somewhere else. Like sports, for instance. Back, when I was young, the guys that played sports attracted my attention. Some were handsome, some were ugly like owl's babies but, in general, I enjoyed them. They were sexy! They wore sexy shorts. Take this picture as an example:
I don't know who these soccer players are. It does not matter. This is how their shorts were, way back when. Look at those legs, please.
Nowadays, their shorts look like skirts. Long, baggy, floppy looking skirts. Like this:
Have mercy!! All sports have these now. Have mercy, I beg you! Who was the prudish old fart that came up with THAT?
... and the "Suckometer" goes... BING - BING - BING!!! and BING!
I don't like sports anymore.
***
The weather yesterday. The storm we were expecting ended up being a total "El Cheap'o De-Lux" type. It started with lots of rain in the morning. By eleven o'clock, it turned into sleet and the wind was very strong. By noon, Hubby had picked me up at work and there were around a dozen snow flakes in the air.
That's it. That was all the snow storm we got! That is it, my friends. Am I disappointed? You bet I am! I did not get to use my new snow shovel at all. AND I am the one cooking dinner tonight.
By the way, Miriam, I was going to pay attention to my neck and head, as you recommended. For which I do thank you. I have enough back problems to add neck injuries to it.
I just read my post to Hubby. He told me to include the information that we "wrapped the storm up and sent it to England - via Canada!". He knows about you ladies.
Love ya!







10 comments:
You had me laughing - bad words and all. The "Oh Have Mercies" about the shorts just killed me... I've never seen the matron-hair guy before. Yikes! What gimmicks they won't come up with! Like a bad evangelist...
Einstein was a genius, ever look at his photos?
Yes indeedy, that was a sad, sad day when they started doing that to guys shorts! Totally outrageous! Remember the little white tennis shorts the guys used to wear? MMm-MMM! There are some things that should never be changed!!!
Wow calm down girl ! There used to be a id's TV programme here called " whydontyoujustswitchoffyourtelevisionsetandgoanddosomethinglessboringinstead ?" Trouble is - the kids had to watch TV to know what to switch off & go do instead !!!
I was laughing through this post! Great sense of humor you have and I have to agree about the stupid dinosaurs...hahaha...My husband watches the History channel too - a lot...between that and all the foodie shows, diner driveins and dives...He takes over the main TV. That's why I said on my bed and blog.
Well I would think you were lucky that you sent that storm packing!
Sharon, my dear! Einstein was a genius alright - with a "blown dry" mane. This young man may WISH he was Einstein but the "hairdo" is just plain weirdo, dumb and more weirdo!
Love ya.
Ha ha ha ha! That post made me laugh, again! That guy's hair is worth a tv channel on its own! I love your view on life suckometer - yes, those horrid football shorts, too darned sports designed for my liking.
I'll be back later to look at that guy's hair for another laugh!!!
Hope you get proper snow, what a waste of a lovely new snow shovel.
xxx
The only thing worse than the UFO and dinosaur shows are.... hunting shows and the Western Channel. In small doses, they are okay. But not switching back and forth between the two during the commericials! Aieee! ;)
I pissed myself laughing at that! Those shorts!!!! I so agree, they just don't show enough! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
uhmmm ...you need some girl spa shopping time like pronto - next time he asks you to hand him the remote for the history channel, make him hand over his wallet in exchange...
its a boy thang' really...dinosaurs, funky hairdos, that sort... they are all nine year old boys in grown up mens bodies...but we still love 'em!
I rather like dinosaurs, but I'm with you about the voiceovers they use on the Discovery Chanel and presumably the Hstory Chanel too - everything is a Huge. Great. Drama!!!!!
I prefer to work out if something is bad or good myself, without being cued about what to think by overdramatic commentaries. I've got a pet hate about modern rugby shirts - we can team that with your hatred of the floppy shorts.
And I'm glad you liked my chamber pot! It just came to mind and I had to put it on the mantelpiece...
Post a Comment