Sunday, December 19, 2010

Yes, I vacuum under the bed - sometimes


In a perfect world, having two HUGE dogs, three cats and a Hubby inside the house would not mean:

- tons of dogs and cats hair all over the place;
- tons of dog biscuit crumbs spread all over the place;
- tons of dried leaves scattered all over the carpet;
- tons of dogs and cats toys laying on the floor, on which you step in the dark, when you get up to go pee in the middle of the night, hurt your foot and cuss as you pee;
- a few wet pukes now and then, on which you step in the dark, when you get up to go pee in the middle of the night, and oh... Crap!... CUSS like a sailor, as you pee!

- tons of junk spread all over the kitchen table, the kitchen island, the corner cabinet in the kitchen, the bedroom furniture, the living room coffee table;
- sawdust and wood chips all over the kitchen floor;
- tons of rubbish all around every waste basket that is close to "him" - one in the kitchen, another in the bedroom and another in "his" bathroom;

(Oh, yes! That's the secret for a FANTASTIC marriage: separate bathrooms!)

Except for the dogs and cats hair that fall without "his" involvement, the rest I blame on HIM! He is the one that feeds the dogs treats inside the house; he is the one that throws their toys around for them. He is the one that brings the dried leaves on his shoes, every time he goes outside. He is the one that feeds the pets too much, therefore, if they puke, it IS his fault!

As for the junk, they are not mine. So...





I clean house once a week. My mom would say that this is not right. That I should clean, at least, every other day. But I don't. When I clean, though, I do a good job. And clean under the bed also, because there will be a lot of animal hair, hiding and making fun of me from under there.

And when I blame him for all the above, he does not mind. He only replies: "You're gona get it!" "What?" I ask. And he says: "I don't know. I only know that you're gona get it!"

Now, seriously, I don't mind all the mess, from time to time. We have fun together and, when it is time to clean up, Hubby helps me - if I let him. Most of the time, I am the one that tells him "Get the heck out of here... AND TAKE YOUR girls (dogs) with you!"

***

I cannot knit. Or I better say, I can knit on a straight line. I can knit scarves, shawls or Afghans, anything that does  not have a curve in it. I cannot increase or diminish the number of rows, you know what I mean. At the end, I don't like knitting. So, why bother?

But I do like the crochet. I love it. I do not do the usual doily thingy, round and flowery, too boring for me. I learned how to do the Tunisian crochet (in Brazil, it was called Afghan crochet). Right now I am working on a big blanket made of stripes of different colours.  Take a look;



This type of crochet is very interesting. See the length of the needle? 

When I decided I was going to try it, I could not find the needles around our area. I still think the stores around here do not have it. So, Hubby made them for me. He bought a set of dowels, of different diameters, and cut them to the size I needed - around 30cm (12-1/2 inches) more or less. Then, he carved the tip of the needle and fine sanded it, to a smooth polished feel.



It looks perfect doesn't it? And they slide perfectly. It is a pleasure to work with them.

These are the colours that I chose for my blanket. Two stripes of each colour, and then, attach them together with more crochet. I will show you when I am done. I chose these colours because I want to lay the blanket on the back of our big couch for next year's winter time. It will take me that long to finish!



I am going crochitting right now, as Hubby says.


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Aah, yes, it is all his fault. Most men are not good housekeepers, I don't think they have it in their genes. I am always a little leery of men that are overly neat. I have a BIL that is a neat freak, when he would get home from work, he would ask his girls if they did the dusting, rather than if they had learned anything new at school. I couldn't live with that!

I myself have a paper hoarder and it's everywhere that has a level top, also a not finisher - with 2 3gallon carboys filled with questionable "wine" sitting next to the fireplace with the boxes keeping them in the dark (also level tops) that have been sitting there for 3 years. I can't lift them, or they would be SO out of here! I have yet to get the trim around the base of the fireplace from when they did the floors, last year.

I do admire your crochet hook, very nice! I used to do the knit and crochet thing, until I got arthritis in my hands. I love the stitch that you are doing, it is going to be fabulous when you are done, and it does look like it will take a while.

Have a great day!

Tracey said...

Wow! You're clever to be able to crochet like that, AND clean under the bed!!!!!! xxx