Sunday, May 6, 2012

Playing with a Picture

Some of you people do amazing things with your pictures, and I wanted to be able to try it with mine too. So, I went in search of a program (a free one because it makes no sense spending money for something I don't even know whether I'll be able to use). And I found two of them:  PicMonkey and Photoscape.

Using PicMonkey, I managed to do a little experimenting. And this was the result:


This is my original picture. The couple of Bluebirds that are nesting by the clothesline.


And this is the result of my playing with it, using PicMonkey. I thought it looked interesting, as if it is an old card of some sort. I liked the grainy aspect of it. No big deal but interesting anyways.

The other program I did not use because you are supposed to download it first. It scares me since I am afraid of messing my laptop. Did any of you download it? Without a problem? I'd appreciate if you could tell me.

~ ~ ~

I've made a new friend. He is another sweet bird that has been coming to the feeder we have on the deck. As soon as he arrives, he whistles loud. And I respond from the kitchen:

- Hi there, sweetie!!

And here he is:




He is shy, though. I've taken many pictures of him, but he is so fast that this was the only one I could actually save. The others came out blurred, as he fled when he saw me. Little shit!

Oh, and I know what this one is: a Red Wing Blackbird - considered as common as butts... I still think he is cool and sweet.

Lastly, here is my take on last night's moon. Big freaking deal, right? Only a zillion other people took a similar picture.



It was fun, though.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on your bird photos ~ cute!
I like PicMonkey - very fun.
Haven't used the other program so I can't give you my opinion.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
xo Catherine

TexWisGirl said...

love your edit! really nicely done! i've heard lots of folks out there enjoying picmonkey and other programs. i'm guessing they're pretty safe.

Susan said...

I use Photoscape, so go ahead and download it, it's a good program! I use PicMonkey too. It's fun to mess around a little with out photos, which by the way, I love yours! How the birds turned out is great! But I have to say my favorite is the moon!

Anonymous said...

You did wonderfully, Miriam! I really like Picmonkey. :)

Buttons Thoughts said...

I think I would like to try this picmonkey program I like the effects. Your moon photo is awesome who cares if there is a million I like this one.B