Monday, April 30, 2012
Who Am I ??
This little dude showed up at our back deck for a bite. At first, without my glasses, and looking through the kitchen window (which is in bad need of cleaning), I thought it was a wood pecker.
In a hurry, I managed to get my glasses and still through the kitchen window (between the smears and the spots on the glass) I could see - Oh, no! It is certainly NOT a wood pecker!
Still in a hurry, I managed to get the camera. Glasses off, a crack on the deck door (he did not fly away!), and as many pictures as I could. These were the best ones.
Does anyone know what bird this is?
I am totally in love with it, for sure. "Ain't" he the cutest thing? I so hope he comes back.
PS - To all of you ladies that left comments on my last post, I want to say my sincere thank you. You are all very neat people and as cute as the little birdie on these pictures! We need to "join hands" and send positive energy to our dear Leontien! She WILL win her battle!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Gorgeous feathered visitor! I haven't got a clue what it is but I would say a type of finch (looking at the beak)? But what do I know? Not much!!
xx
it is a lovely male rose-breasted grosbeak! i've only seen them (fleetingly) twice here!!! YAY for getting such great shots of him!!!
You had to know that Tex would know! Great pictures, beautiful bird!
Thank you, thank you, girls!
And you, Ms. Texas Lady... you are something else, right? How do you know all these things? Thanks, a million times. Now I know what bird I am in love with!
xoxoxo
It is a rose breasted grossbeak. Ugly name for such a pretty bird huh? I had one once up here in the hills. My reaction was about the same as yours.
my parents get a handful of these every year. lovely little birds. great job capturing it!
Beautiful Bird and such great shots!
I have two couples (grosbeaks) that are coming to the feeders this year and I am thrilled. They are gorgeous!
Post a Comment