Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Big Foot and Skinny Dude

Big Foot lives around the corner from our house. Skinny Dude lives up the road on the opposite side, past our house. Two boys. Whole boys, meaning... they've got their "documents" all in order.

Big Foot does not seem to enjoy being at home during the day. Something there must not be very thrilling. So, he came down and started looking for some other place, where he could spend a good time.

And he met Skinny Dude. The one that lives up the road.

One would imagine that they would look at each other as a competitor, a threat perhaps. No. For some reason, they became the best of friends. And this became their ritual, day after day after day. For over a year and a half now:

Early in the morning, Skinny Dude trots past our house and disappears round the corner. After a while, he comes back. And right behind him, not so fast and trotting not so elegantly, comes Big Foot.

And they spend the day either laying in the shade in front of Skinny Dude's house, or walking around the neighborhood, trying to get in some sort of trouble.

In the evening, they both go back to Big Foot's house. And Skinny Dude comes back alone to his own place. Is he gentle or what? He takes his friend back home, believe it?

Just to start the same thing all over again the next day.


The one on the left is Big Foot . And the one back there, giving me his total absolute disdain is Skinny Dude. (By the way, I have no idea of what their real names are.)

What's with these pups? I simply adore them. Wish they were ours.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww! that they hang out together every day is endearing!!! i sure hope they are loved!

Susan said...

You have the best imagination! Those pups are so darn cute! I'm glad they have each other!

Sharon said...

That's cute.

Don't try to learn their real names, it might ruin the charm.

I name my neighbor dogs too...

BadPenny said...

and now I adore them too.

bon bon said...

it's nice to have a friend in the neighborhood. :o)

Bonnie K said...

How fun! I'm glad they have each other to keep company. Thank you for sharing such a sweet story of everyday life.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Your so funny I love those puppies who ever they are. B

Inger said...

I haven't visited you for so long. These two are adorable and I wish they were mine too. Whatever happens at their homes, they do have each other. I love this story.