Day before yesterday, in the early morning, I was watering the poor plants. Usually, as I water, I pull weed from time to time. So, I bent down and started pulling at a certain spot, where the butterfly bush is. It was (and still is) full of weeds.
And I found a funny looking bunch of dried grass, leaves, and furry stuff. It looked like an old nest that fell from the tree. I gathered the whole thing with one hand, while holding the hose with the other, and when I lifted it...
- Oh, sweet Lord of mine! Oh... Aaahh... How Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... !!
You know how we old girls do: just like when we were little girls, all full of "oh's", and "ah's", and sighs and clapping.
Quite ridiculous, we know that too.
I will show it to you.
Slowly.
So you can squeak and make the same noises that I did.
The pictures are not that good, but you will be able to see it.
There is the butterfly bush.
Can you see that yellowish spot, by that bare spot on the ground cover, on the left side of the bush?
There. Doesn't it look like an old bird's nest? That's what I picked up and lifted.
Got to clean the mess, right?
And that is what I found under the thing!!!! There are three of them inside the little nest!
Which I covered back, of course.
- Oh, sweet Lord of mine! Oh... Aaahh... How Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... !!
And I called Gordon to come and see. He did.
- Look what I found!
- Oh, look at that little shit... He is cute!
- Now what?
- What?
- What do we do? I asked
- HuhuHU! (meaning "I don't know" moaned with his mouth shut), he replied.
- Where is their mother? How come she is not here? Shouldn't she be sitting on them?
- They are not chickens, Hun.
- But, where is the bitch? How can a mother abandon her babies like that? The freaking bitch!!
- HuhuHU! Maybe this is the way they do it.
- But, where is she? Making more babies?
- Most probably!
After covering them back, I came inside to check the Internet. If that mother had abandoned her babies, I had to know what to do, right?
And I found out that the "lady" has is made! No sitting around, listening to whining infants. No nursing them every two hours.
No ma'am!
These babies get fed twice a day: once in the morning, before Mommy leaves to go "tro-lo-lo-ling", and once in the evening, when the slut comes back all tired, sweaty and probably "shit faced"!!
The best advice that I found was: Leave them where they are.
If cats are around, cover them with something that will leave a space for "mommy dear" to go in, when she comes at night. Shit faced and smelling of cigarette smoke!
Did you know that?
The babies are still there. Every morning I go and check. They look at me, wiggle their nostrils and go back to sleep.
Love ya!
16 comments:
Okay, I'm making all those oooh and aaah noises! Very sweet. And don't be too hard on the mom - maybe she's like a lot of single parents who have to leave their babies during the day to make a living! (Or in her case, eating enough grass so she can keep feeding her babies.)
Ohhhhhhhhhhh LOVE the photos. I would have been so thrilled to find that.
How you doing? I'm finally settled in and can visit blogs again.
I forgot to say that was really funny about the mama bird and her slutty ways...haha.
Awwww, how cute! I hope the mother doesn't smell your scent on the grass, she may abandon them after all. Rabbits are funny that way. She sure had them hid well!
laughing at you sullying the poor mother's reputation like that! ha!
but do be careful about handling the grass a lot. she might leave.
They are adorable!
Until they start eating everything you own in the garden!
:O!
Thank you for the warning! I will use a little stick (I think) the next time. I have to check if they need something, though. They may have the hicups... you know.
And, as for them eating everything... really, I don't mind at all! They were here before we arrived, and they have the right to share a little. As they have been doing with our tomatoes already. We leave the lower ones for them. Aren't we cool? LOL
Again, thank you, girls!
xxxxxxx
oooohhhhh....aaaaahhhhh, SWEET, (giggle dance), boy is he/she cute!! i don't know which hand you had the camera in but i am soooo happy you had it!! these are precious.
thank you so much for the very kind and funny comments you leave on my blog. i always want to reply comment you, but i cannot. it always says "noreply-comment@blogger.com". i think you can change that, if you would like. most of my followers don't have that!!
love your blog and adore your comments!!!!
aww so very very sweet ! I keep finding toads in my garden ! We had a litle frog years ago who would jump out while I was gardening but this summer I've found toads !!!
oh, so sweet! i'm with sharon and tex though. as humans, we tend to want to do what we can to make sure they're ok, but letting them get used to humans can make them less fearful of all towering beasts. i'd hate for one to just walk right up to a dog because it smells like people. :o(
a true moment of cuteness!!! I know we have to have these sweet little things around here, but I've yet to see them--At least I guess we do judging by the increasing population of 'bigger bunnies' I keep seeing...
Awwww...that is so dang cute!!!!!
Man! I was sure you were going to say a bunch of naked little mice. I was so relieved when you showed a bunny! So cute!
Miriam first you have me awwwwwing and then you have me laughing so damn hard I almost pee my pants. Almost. Then I have to read your post to CH with tears running down my cheeks. You just are way too funny and I love funny! Good thing you aren't too close to us, I think we could get into trouble. Trouble!
hahaha oh so much fun!
good advice they gave you, leave them alone and they will be all right!
haha
Leontien
It's going to be fun watching these sweet little bunnies make their way out of their nest ~ they are so cute!
xo Catherine
Post a Comment