What is it about garden gates that intrigue me so much?
When closed, I want to peek at what’s on the other side.
When open, I am tempted to go and close it.
What is it that may be hidden over there,
or may escape if we are not cautious?
What is it about a resting bicycle, against a wall, a tree or a lamp post
What is it about a resting bicycle, against a wall, a tree or a lamp post
that makes me stop and stare?
What roads could I take? What distance could I reach?
But why to disturb its peace and quiet yet seems so cruel?
What is it about a pile of suitcases that touches my soul?
What is it about a pile of suitcases that touches my soul?
Is the owner coming, or leaving?
Is it a happy return, a daring adventure, or a sad split?
Were these my dreams, all packed up and ready to move on?
What is it about a drafting table that attracts me so?
What is it about a drafting table that attracts me so?
Is it the way it is put together, elegant and proud?
Or is it the open door to one’s imagination, creation and expectations?
Why do I stop in my tracks attracted to these things?
Do they represent my limits, or lack of them?
Do they bring memories, or just stir up my unfulfilled dreams?
I told you so... I've been having too much free time on my hands.
PS - Thank you, little sister!! You are awesome!
PS - Thank you, little sister!! You are awesome!
21 comments:
oh, i am right there with you, sister! well, except for the having time on my hands part.
wonderful post! hope you're well! :o)
Good Morning!
Thinking... that's what can get us into trouble :-)
Been missing you, I hope all is well and soon you won't have so much to think about. Nice thoughts though. I like the drafting table.
Nice post!
What a lovely thoughtful post, Miriam.
Sometimes it's good to have time on our hands to stop and think, just like you have here. You have such a romantic nature ;o)
xx
did you take these photos? they're marvelous. and i loved your intrigue with each subject. i hope you are doing well, dearheart. big hugs to you!
I love the way you write! Your words just flow so nicely...
Beautiful post Miriam.
Wow, what an awesome post. Very thoughtful. Made me think and wonder what I would think when I look at those kind of pictures. Very thought provoking. I loved it. Really!
Suan
Just noticed you changed your background. Looks really good. Love it!!!!!
I love Imagination
You made me think. The gate and bike yes. A drafting table? Wasn't expecting that one:)
these are beautiful....i think i recongize the drafting table from pottery barn.
I love that shot of the bicycle...
Great post !
What a beautiful post - love the thoughts and feelings it brings up...
Missing you
I'm missing you too, hoping everything is okay at your end and worrying that it's not. Big, gentle hugs to you.
I miss you. I hope you are ok and I worry. Take care and know that even though I've never met you I miss you humor and insight.
Missing you too! How are you? What are you up too?
Hi Miriam, I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are. How are you doing? I'm missing you, your quirky blog posts, and news of your playground! Let us know you're ok, please?!
Love ya!
xx
Hello Miriam, you've been silent for too long. Are you ok?
Sending love,
Jo
xxx
Hope all is well. Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment